Pure & Simple: Grow Your Own Wheatgrass!
You may already be aware of the hefty list of benefits that come from wheatgrass, but did you also know it is one of the fastest and easiest plants to grow yourself?
You can grow your own fresh wheatgrass in a matter of DAYS, and have it on hand for any number of healthy options. Here’s how!
1. Start by spreading a single layer of wheatberries in a shallow dish with a cover. For the first couple days, you will not want light to get in, so keep that in mind when choosing your dish.
2. Add a few drops of warm water into the dish- enough to provide moisture for all of the berries, but not enough to soak them. Cover the dish tightly and set in a warm/room temperature area. Check and re-water if needed for the next day also.
3. On the 3rd day, remove the cover, lightly rinse (without moving the berries) and recover the dish with clear plastic wrap. The berries will have started to sprout!
4. When the sprouts have grown to about an inch tall, remove the wrap and set the dish in a bright, warm area of your house. Continue to water twice a day with warm water.
5. Cut blades with a scissors to add to your juices and teas. Enjoy!